In the United States, nearly one in three children is overweight or obese. Health professionals consider it an epidemic. Overweight individuals are at risk for the onset of serious health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease.
Our goal at West End Medical Centers is to decrease the obesity rate amongst the youth population. Our approach is through a comprehensive weight management program that will help you "Lose Yourself".
- Serves children/youth who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) over the 95th percentile for their age and gender.
- Provider appointments with a dietitian and healthcare provider to monitor progress in achieving weight-related goals and customize lifestyle changes.
- Fun Fitness classes are offered to participants each week. Fun Fitness consists of physical activities that are engaging, competitive and fun!!!
- Individualized nutritional assessment and counseling.
- Tips for meal planning and healthy snack options.
- Establish healthy balanced meal patterns.
- Obtain your desired weight goal
- Exercise and get physically fit
- Receive a customized health care plan from a health care provider
- Learn healthy eating habits and practices
- Develop positive social relationships and teamwork skills
- Ages 8-17
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 95% or higher for age and gender
- Must become a patient of West End Medical Centers, Inc.
Methods of Payment:
Medicaid - Medicare - HMO - PPO - Private Insurance - Most major credit cards accepted - Sliding Fee scale available
For more information about the Youth Wellness Program please contact:
The Family Health Center at Bolton Village
2011 Bolton Road
Atlanta, GA 30318